Friday 11 December 2009

Divided Britain




As I sit here in my cold damp hovel, wrapped in blankets and three layers of clothing sipping my lukewarm gruel I wonder at the huge chasm that has opened up between the ‘haves’ and the ‘have not’s.

I watch the news and see yet another round of MPs expenses “scandals”; I see people who are rich compared to the majority of pensioners and young people, taking seemingly without compunction from the taxpayer to make their lives better while the rest of us are struggling to make ends meet.

I see a labour Government that has destroyed the economy and put millions out of work, and a Conservative party that has no real policies, I see indecision, and greed and the worst thing I see is lack of care.

The lack of care that extends deeply into our “democracy”, I see the Chancellor using the pre-Budget statement as an election ploy, trying to butter up the old and families with promises of more money, for a while at least.

I see a lack of police on the streets, and a crumbling NHS, I see thousands of overpaid public service managers and Government advisors, and I see the “leaders” feathering their nests so that they will be able to retire in comfort while ordinary people will have to work longer in order to “save money”.

I see a lack of intestinal fortitude from the Government over the ridiculously high bonuses paid to people who helped cause our problems, and I see a lack of urgency from the same government regarding the quality of life of the people that actually keep the country running-the workers.

I see overcrowded towns and roads, a lack of decent affordable housing, a lack of chances for the young, and a lack of consideration for the old.

I see thousands of patients dying in poorly run hospitals while senior management take home £150,000 plus each year, and I see the lack of justice because those that are responsible walk away with jobs and salaries intact.

I see a country that is in a shambles because of the lack of leadership and avarice, whose only answer seems to be “tax it” and all will be alright, unknowing that the less people have the less they will spend and this will delay the “recovery”.

Sometimes I think I see too much, sometimes I wish I were like the politicians-blind.



Angus

Angus Dei on all and sundry

AnglishLit

Angus Dei-NHS-THE OTHER SIDE

No comments: